Daily Maintenance of Centrifugal Pumps
(1) Keep the equipment clean, dry, free of oil and leakage.
(2) Check every day whether the running sound of the centrifugal pump is normal, whether there is vibration and leakage, and deal with the problems in time.
(3) Check whether the oil level in the oil chamber of the Centrifugal Pump suspension is appropriate every day, and it must be kept at 1/3 and 2/3 of the oil standard.
(4) It is strictly forbidden for the centrifugal pump to work in the state where the liquid in the pool is evacuated, because the centrifugal pump working in the evacuated state not only vibrates severely, but also affects the life of the pump, so special attention must be paid.
(5) It is strictly forbidden to enter the centrifugal pump with metal objects and soft materials such as rubber, cotton yarn, plastic cloth, etc., so as not to damage the flow parts of the pump and block the flow path of the impeller, so that the pump cannot work normally.
(6) Check the concentricity of the claw coupling regularly.
(7) Packing-sealed centrifugal pumps should regularly check the leakage at the stuffing box. The normal leakage at the stuffing box should be 10-20 drops per minute; otherwise, adjust the tightness of the packing gland. It is recommended to use mechanically sealed centrifugal pumps such as KKW series horizontal centrifugal pumps
(8) The bearing temperature should be checked frequently, and the maximum temperature should generally not exceed 70℃～75℃.
(9) In the first month of operation of the water pump, after 100 hours of operation, replace the lubricating oil in the suspension oil chamber, and then replace the lubricating oil every 500 hours of operation of the water pump.
(10) Always check whether the support mechanism of the centrifugal pump inlet and outlet pipeline system is loose. Make sure that the support mechanism is firm and the pump body does not bear supporting force.
(11) Always check the fastening of the fastening bolts of the centrifugal pump foundation. Ensure that the connection is firm and reliable.
(12) When the centrifugal pump is not used for a long time, the pump should be disassembled, rust-proofed, reinstalled, and stored properly for next use.
(13) When the Pressure Pumps installed in the production system does not operate for a long time, it should rotate 1/4 turn per week to make the pump shaft evenly bear the static load and external vibration.
(14) When the centrifugal pump runs for about 2000 hours, periodic inspections should be carried out to repair or replace damaged parts to keep the pump in good condition.
(15) For newly installed and overhauled centrifugal pumps, you must first test the steering of the motor before putting on the coupling pin.
(16) The centrifugal pump allows the liquid in the pipeline to reverse flow when the motor is powered off. However, special attention should be paid to when the centrifugal pump conveying height difference is particularly large, a check valve should be installed on the pipeline to prevent the backwater from flowing back and control the sudden reversal of the centrifugal pump.
If you want to know more, please contact the Centrifugal Pump Supplier