Ten Requirements for Installing a Self-Priming Pump
1. The coupling of the Self-Priming Pump must be firm with a nut, and the nut must be tightened to prevent the nut from loosening, otherwise it will easily cause the impeller to move and cause mechanical failure.
2. When the self-priming pump and the motor are directly connected to drive, attention should be paid to the coaxiality of the pump shaft and the motor output; the accuracy of the pump installation has a greater impact on the smooth operation and service life of the pump, so you must be careful Installation correction.
3. In order to maintain a certain amount of liquid in the self-priming pump body, in order to achieve better self-priming ability and prevent dry friction of the mechanical seal, the inlet of the pump must be higher than the centerline of the pump shaft.
4. Attention should be paid to the installation of suction pipeline:
A. The installation height of the suction port should not exceed 5 meters. When conditions permit, the installation height of the suction port should be as low as possible below the lowest water storage level of the pool, and the length of the suction pipe should be shortened as much as possible, and fewer elbows should be installed, which is beneficial to shortening Self-priming time to improve self-priming function.
B. The valves and flanges in the suction pipeline should be strictly prevented from leaking or leaking liquid, that is, no gas leakage is allowed in the suction pipeline.
C. Prevent the pump from sucking in solids and other sundries. For this reason, a filter should be installed on the suction pipeline. The effective water area of the filter should be 2-3 times the section of the suction pipe, and the Self-Priming Pump Filter should be checked regularly.
D. The suction pipeline and the discharge pipeline should have their own brackets, and the pump body itself is not allowed to bear the load of the pipeline.
5. When installing the self-priming pump, check strictly whether there are stones, iron sand and other debris in the pump casing and pipeline.
6. Correct the installation clearance and coaxiality of the self-priming pump coupling and the motor-driven coupling. The allowable deviation of the different shaft degrees is 0.1mm. The height difference between the pump shaft and the motor shaft can be adjusted by padding copper or iron on the foot.
7. When installing the self-priming pump, the electrostatic grounding resistance of the pump and pipeline should meet its specified requirements.
8. After the actual operation of the unit for 3-4 hours, make a final inspection. If there is no defect, the main reason is that the installation has been completed, and the shaft should be inspected during trial operation.
9. The bearing body of the self-priming pump is equipped with a cooling water joint with a cooling chamber device for use with a rubber tube or a plastic tube with an inner hole of 12, and the thread size is M12x1.75.
10. If a one-way valve is installed on the outlet pipeline of the self-priming pump and the pump cannot discharge gas smoothly during the self-priming process, an exhaust water pipe and valve should be added to the outlet of the pump.
Please contact the Self-Priming Pump Supplier if you have any further questions